Youth in Motion
DOREA Team is looking for youth with migrant background currently residing in Cyprus to participate in Erasmus+ KA3 “Youth in motion” project activities including upcoming Erasmus+ youth training that will take place in London, UK.
The training course are a part of Erasmus+ KA3 project “Youth in Motion”. The project aims to support and empower young people’s voices and input into society, especially those who voices are not often heard. The Youth in Motion project will effectively capture, film and report on the issues facing young migrants and empower them to provide first hand input into politicians and policies such as the European Union Youth Policy. For more information about the project, please click here.
For more information about the youth training please see below.
Erasmus+ Youth training
Date and Location:
2nd – 7th February 2020 in London, UK
Participants: 2 participants
What will you learn?
The Youth in Motion project aims to support and empower young people’s voices and input into society, especially those who voices are not often heard. While migration is a major issue under discussion around and within Europe, young migrants’ perspectives are not often understood or widely sought. This can lead to disillusionment amongst young migrants exacerbated by the lack of policy that impacts their needs. The Youth in Motion project aims to address this.
The young migrant participants will co-create the project, to engage in a structured dialogue with parliamentarians, MEPs and policymakers through filmed debates, interviews and documentaries in each country with their respective parliaments and ultimately with EU institutions and policymakers during May 2020 including the European Youth Event at the European Parliament.
The Training will include:
- train the trainers programme for youth workers while the young participants take part in parallel peer to peer training
- these two groups will come together to explore how to combine this and work together
- there will be documentary training covering concept, storyboarding, narration, research, interviews, art direction, camera handling, sound recording, editing
- national and European policy affecting young migrants
- enfranchisement – young migrants rights and who represents you
- question & interview preparation training
- interview role play
- debate preparation training
- debate role play
- handling interview and debate participants who agree / disagree with you
- some case studies
Requirements for participants:
- Age (16-19)
- at least B1 English level
- residing in Cyprus and coming from migrant background (immigrants, refugees)
- can travel to London, UK
- can participate in preparatory sessions discussing “Induction” & “migrants rights and representation” topics
- can participate in later project activities: video creation and debates (no technical skills are required)
The 2 people will be selected based on their motivation and performance during the preparatory sessions.
Conditions: The accommodation, meals and plane tickets (according to Erasmus+ distance calculator) will be covered by Erasmus+ programme.
How to apply?
To apply please fill this form.
Deadline to fill the applications – January 10th 2020.
If You have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the training coordinator Viktoria at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us +357 25 25 66 06 or stop by our office (please inform us in advance about the meeting)