Meaningful Entrepreneurial Mindsets. Ideas to Actions
The Erasmus+ KA2 project “Meaningful Entrepreneurial Mindsets. Ideas to Action” aimed at developing those personal attributes and generally applicable skills that form the basis of an entrepreneurial mindset and behavior, raising students’ awareness of self-employment and entrepreneurship as possible career options, boosting entrepreneurship in education through the creation of an attractive teaching and learning tool, and providing specific business skills and knowledge of how to start and successfully run a business. The partners hoped to increase the sense of initiative and entrepreneurship among the players of the VET sector and promote education for entrepreneurship.
The partners commonly developed an intellectual result – an educational online platform, which includes an introductory course about starting a business in English aimed at secondary-level VET learners. This educational platform and the online course incorporated within it is a starter pack for creating a business. It covers a progression of topics necessary for successful business creation.
The WEB platform has several sections:
- Project description;
- Online course – freely available to the general public;
- Success Stories – interviews with young businesses;
- Video lectures;
- Interactive map of support providing organizations, and other sections devoted to business development and implementation;
- Blog with project news (follow-up events during the project, such as Team meetings’ reflections).
The course is divided into 3 phases and 10 parts.
LMC (Latvia) developed the materials for phase 1 “Business Creation till Start of Operation”. Phase 1 was divided into 7 parts:
- 1st phase – BUSINESS CREATION TILL START OF OPERATION
- 1.1. IDEA DEVELOPMENT AND MARKET RESEARCH – IS YOUR IDEA MARKETABLE?
- 1.2. THEORETICAL INFORMATION ON BUSINESS STRUCTURES, TAXES, AND BUSINESS FORMS
- 1.3. FINDING OF A LOCATION – PLACE OF BUSINESS
- 1.4. DEVELOPMENT OF A BUSINESS PLAN
- 1.5. ATTRACTION OF FINANCE (AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ATTRACTION OF FINANCING)
- 1.6. PRODUCT/SERVICE DEVELOPMENT
- 1.7. ACTUAL COMPANY FORMATION – NAME, IMAGE, LOGO, TEAM
Phase 2 of the course “START OF OPERATION” was developed by the German partner Berufliche Schule des Kreises Nordfriesland in Husum, which was divided into 2 parts:
- 2nd phase – START OF OPERATION
- 2.1. MARKETING AND SEARCH FOR CUSTOMERS, PROMOTION, SALES
- 2.2. MANAGEMENT OF DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF BUSINESS – HUMAN RESOURCES, FINANCE, INVENTORY ETC.
Whereas the 3rd phase “EXPANSION AND GROWTH OF BUSINESS” was developed by the Turkish partner – Cesme Ulusoy Denizcilik Teknolojisi Mesleki ve Teknik Anadolu Lisesi, the 3rd phase has been decided not to divide into several parts, but create only one expanded part:
- 3rd phase – EXPANSION AND GROWTH OF BUSINESS
- 3.1. BUSINESS GROWTH STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
Take a look at the project platform and take part in the online course here.