DOREA is non profit organisation that fosters professional and personal development of adult and youth. We are encouraging young people to be active in society, provide creative tools for youth workers, to engage in mindset that is shaping Europe. Therefore, Erasmus+ KA1 project “Enter unity – EU4U” is one of many youth workers mobility projects that welcomes multicultural youth workers’ team from different countries and backgrounds to learn, exchange knowledge, good practices, to grow and build their network.
Today DOREA is starting “Enter Unity – EU4U” project training course that is going to be implemented in Limassol (Cyprus) from 8th till 15th November 2016. Youth workers from different countries will engage in coaching sessions, groups works on youth work, expand their potential in learning tools how to raise awareness about European values for young people, how to encourage young people to be active Europeans.
“Enter Unity – EU4U” youth initiative project will focus on boosting awareness tools among youth workers, present challenges that candidate countries to EU face at the moment and sharing good practices from current member states. The enlargement of the European Union has increased the potential for mobility in education and training, as well as in the labour market, thereby creating the need to prepare EU citizens to develop their learning and professional pathways in a broader geographical context (Council of the European Union, 2008). Practical workshops will focus on promotion tools about youth opportunities that European Union is giving, importance of cultural exchange in young people’s life. Creative practical methods will encourage having dialogue on European Union, civic participation in nowadays challenges as migration, social crisis concerning refugees massive movement. Hence, the project aims to provide the necessary information and knowledge for the participants on the issue.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To explore current situation regarding EU values, social challenges and youth participation in civic society
- To search the good practices in programme and partner countries
- To create a strong and sustainable network of partners and associated partners
- To train youth workers about EU concept and principles
- To promote and advocate about youth civic participation on local and European level
- To increase the knowledge, skills and capacities of the partners to continue supporting youth even after the EU4U project is over.