DESIGN YOUR JOB 3
One of the challenges that Europe is facing today is the big unemployment rate, especially among young people. The situation regarding the unemployment issues in the EU is changing towards less unemployed people but in many counties that is still a great issue.
A great problem and great opportunity lie in the ICT sector. This is a sector with constant growth and constant need for workers/services. Unfortunately, the formal education system cannot “produce” enough ICT skilled workforces, so the logical assumption would be to try to find or retrain unemployed people. Next problem is that in many countries there are no systematic and free programs that can offer ICT training for unemployed people.
Considering these issues, this project is focusing on young adults who are NEET’s aim to transfer our participant’s concrete competencies in graphic design and web development needed on the job market. The project is based on capitalizing on the previous project. The main upgrade regarding the last edition is the development and implementation of an intermediate level of web/graphic design education program together with used tools and methods. In addition, each participant will have an obligation to conduct a 2 months practice cycle in the real sector. After finishing the whole education process we will analyze the results and the main question is “Can the target group of this education program gain enough competences to start work in IT sector or start their own IT initiative?”
The project will aim to achieve the next results:
- Build up capacities unemployed youth
- Create 3 new education programs for basic level web development and intermediary level of knowledge of web development and graphic design
- Update basic web development and graphic design education program created in the previous version of this initiative
- Increase employability of at least 36 unemployed youth
- Further, develop a pilot project ready for multiplying
- Create on line test; / communication platform (website)
Project outcomes: You can find the Graphic design programme here (for beginners) and here (for intermediate level), as well as the Web design programme here (for beginners) and here (for intermediate level).
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: ERASMUS+ KA2: Capacity Building for youth in neighbouring and enlargement countries
DURATION: 01/12/2018- 31/03/2020
TOTAL BUDGET: 107 665,63 EUR
- Centar Za Omladinski I Drustveni Razvoj Res Polis, Serbia (Coordinator)
- National Employment Service, Serbia
- EESTEC LC TIrana, Albania
- K-Digitale SRL, Italy
- European Grants International Academy SRL, Italy
- Pole Emploi, France
- DOREA Educational Institute WTF, Cyprus
- Cocoon Creations Services Limited, Cyprus