Taste of Harmony
The Taste of Harmony project aims to contribute to the improvement of:
• Intercultural dialogue through sharing cultural/personal stories and meaning embedded in recipes
• Key digital competencies (content creation, communication, and security) related to sharing recipes and personal stories
• Societal integration of foreign-born (ex-pats, migrants, asylum seekers, and refugees) adult members of the local community
• Online and face-to-face interaction of native-born and foreign-born adult members of local communities in partner countries
The Taste of Harmony project plans to increase the target groups' quality of interaction with other members of their community by increasing intercultural communication, motivation competencies, and better cooperation and communication through ICT tools. The desired result is to also have more competent and professional AE that can progress beyond their traditional approach to and culture of education.
The project will also have positive results for the participating organisations since project partners will improve their in-person and digital training approaches, and strengthen their cooperation with the relevant lifelong learning institutions in their regions and countries as well as relevant stakeholders in other countries, contributing to their internationalisation.
- IO1: Blended Learning Course “Presenting Your Culinary Traditions in Digital Media”
Blended Learning Course aims to facilitate, encourage, and re-think intercultural communication between native-born and foreign-born adult members of the local community through food and recipe discourse as a socialising mechanism. Lesson plans are available to download in English, Croatian, German, Greek and Italian languages.
- IO2: E-learning Platform: What’s Cooking?
The e-learning platform offers 5 e-learning modules. You can register and attend the free courses here.
- IO3: Bite-Sized Learning Units: Learn about other cultures
A total of 50 learning units averaging 1-3 minutes in length were developed in the form of text, images, audio, video, and tests to raise awareness of and better equip citizens for intercultural dialogue. You can find bite-size units published in the project’s Facebook profile or download them from here.
- IO4: Online Radio Show “A Taste of Home”
Online radio show episodes (“Podcasts”) aim to foster the use of food and recipes as facilitators of cultural bridging between foreign-born and native-born community members in their countries. We invite you to listen to podcasts here.
- IO5: Training Programme for Adult Education Professionals
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: ERASMUS+ KA227: Partnerships for Creativity
PROJECT NUMBER: 2020-1-DE02-KA227-ADU-008199
DURATION: 01/04/2021 - 31/03/2023
TOTAL BUDGET: 274 567,00 EUR