SIGA - Seniors in Green Action
The goal of the SIGA project is to develop an educational programme for the elderly on the use of medicinal wild plants with an emphasis on preserving the habitats of wild plants for environmental protection and natural balance. Through the developed program, we will educate the elderly on how to properly collect wild herbs and how to use these herbs to make various herbal preparations for health preservation and disease prevention. By achieving this goal, we will enable the elderly to actively participate in society by spending quality time in nature, learning and mastering new skills, and at the same time educating them about a topic they have not had the opportunity to learn about until now, which is environmental awareness in the context of caring for their health.
The key results that will be achieved through the implementation of the project are:
1. The Home Herbal Pharmacy programme and a mini-curriculum on sustainability and environmental protection
2. Manual with recipes for preparations from medicinal wild plants
3. Digital platform with e-learning materials
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: ERASMUS+ KA2: Cooperation partnerships
PROJECT NUMBER: 2023-1-HR01-KA220-ADU-000156656
DURATION: 02/10/2023 - 01/10/2025
TOTAL BUDGET: 250 000,00 EUR
- Narodno uciliste ustanova za obrazovanje i kulturu, Croatia Coordinator)
- DOREA Educational Institute, Cyprus
- In Progress, Spain
- Studio Naturalistico Hyla s.r.l., Italy
- Ecological Future Education, Latvia