Unemployment is a major issue that Europe is confronting nowadays. Young entrepreneurs face great difficulties in starting their own business. It is not only the external environment that creates the chaos for young entrepreneurs but inner difficulties such as lack of self-confidence, lack of skills, insufficient leadership capabilities and similar issues.
The most important objective of the project “Coaching Young Entrepreneurs – Providing Support in Making the First Step” is to provide non-formal training to youth workers in order to enhance their capacities and skills to be able to motivate youth in taking the initiative of starting its own business and making a positive transition to the work field. The project addresses directly the issues of entrepreneurship, creativity and employability of young people in Europe and has a strong alignment with the objectives of the Erasmus Plus programme and its objectives.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- To explore current situation regarding financial crisis and youth unemployment;
- To search the legal framework of youth entrepreneurship in partner countries;
- To create a strong and sustainable network of partners and associated partners;
- To train youth on entrepreneurship concept and principles;
- To promote and advocate about youth entrepreneurship on local and European level;
- To increase the knowledge, skills and capacities of the partners to continue supporting youth entrepreneurs even after the project is over.
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there.
PROGRAMME: Erasmus+ KA1 Mobility for young people and youth workers
PROJECT NUMBER: 2015-1-CY02-KA105-000434
DURATION: 01.06.2015 – 01.01.2016
TOTAL BUDGET: 34 276,00 EUR
- Bohemia EU Planners – CZ
- Stichting Diversiteitsland – NL
- CESIE – IT
- ANEC Navarra – ES
- EUROCIVIS – ES
- Executive Solutions Training Ltd – UK
- Zdruzenie Nacionalen centar za razvoj na inovacii i pretpriemacko ucenje Skopje – MKD
- Public Assosiation for women’s entrepreneurship StartupByWomen – BLR
- National Center for Development (NCD) – GEO
- Institutul de Instruire in Dezvoltare MilleniuM – MDA
- Ligo Lex Legis – XK
Here you can find created Youth workers guide.
You can also get to know with report of self assessment analysis of youth workers who took part in the training course of FIRST STEP project.