Digital Transformation: from Adult Education Institution to Digital Education Enterprise
According to the European Investment Bank survey, “Who is prepared for the new digital age?”, 2020, “Digitalization is an enormous opportunity and challenge for the current generation. The recent Covid-19 pandemic is a sombre reminder of the relevance and the necessity of digital technology for a variety of businesses and sectors: from health to retail, from manufacturing to education”. It is stated in this survey that European firms lag behind the US in the adoption of digital technologies. Only 66% of manufacturing firms in the EU, compared to 78% in the US, report adopting at least one digital technology. The EU’s firms lag behind the US companies in improving business processes related to the digitalization of activities.
Through this project, we plan to address the needs of:
- Development of Digital Education Enterprise’s business model and processes
- Development of a Digital Transformation Plan that re-engineers an adult education organization, including in-company one, into a Digital Education Enterprise
- Implementation of the Digital Education Enterprise business model and processes in the organizations participating in this project in an appropriate manner
- Creation of a Business model for aligning the adult training programs to the needs and opportunities offered by the labour market and specific organizations.
- Implementation of best practices for digital education services delivery based on ISO standards for service management, like ISO 20000-1 SMS, because adults’ education is a service itself.
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: ERASMUS+ KA2: Cooperation partnerships in adult education
PROJECT NUMBER: 2021-1-BG01-KA220-ADU-000026986
DURATION: 01/11/2021 – 031/10/2023
TOTAL BUDGET: 151 996,00 EUR
- SBC School of business competences ltd, Bulgaria (Coordinator)
- DOREA Educational Institute, Cyprus
Business & Professional Women Cr Z.S, Czech Republic
Instituto Technologic de Canarias, S.A., Spain
Mobiliz Bilgi ve İletişim Teknolojileri A.Ş., Turkey