DOTS… Development of Transversal Skills in STEM
The project “DOTS… Development of transversal skills in STEM” is implemented within the Erasmus+ program. The overall objective of the project is to improve the transversal skills of both STEM teachers and other teachers and coaches for innovative approaches to teaching.
The specific objectives of the DOTS project are:
- developing methods, materials and tools that support the learning and teaching of transversal skills
- training teachers to apply the developed methods, tools and materials in teaching.
The project seeks to encompass highly motivated teachers who will undergo a series of coaching trainings to enable them to disseminate the acquired knowledge further in their own environments. In addition, the project will also allow teachers to exchange good practice examples from different European countries and the wider international community.
In addition to the specific, subject-related STEM skills of teachers, the project will also develop transversal skills that will contribute to open communication and collaborative work within the school collective as well as between the teacher and the students. Some of the transversal skills include presentation skills, communication skills, critical thinking skills, teamwork skills and others.
Through the project, the partners will develop a set of practical materials, tools, guidelines and a manual that will contribute to the application of new teaching methods in teaching STEM subjects. There will also be a series of training sessions in all partner countries. Part of the training is intended exclusively for teachers, while the other part is intended for partner project teams in order to raise the level of professional competences, to develop mutual cooperation and to devise new, innovative methods, tools and materials intended for learning and teaching.
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: ERASMUS+ KA2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
PROJECT NUMBER: 2019-1-HR01-KA201-060973
DURATION: 01/09/2019 – 31/08/2022
TOTAL BUDGET: 317 918,00 EUR
- Hrvatska Akademska I Istrazivacka Mreza CARNET, Croatia (Coordinator)
- DOREA Educational Institute, Cyprus
- Science Center Netzwerk, Austria
- Padagogische Hochschule Wien, Austria
- Ellinogermaniki Agogi Scholi Panagea Savva Ae, Greece
- Ellinikh Enosh Dhmosiografon Episthmhs, Syggrafeon Episthmhs Kai Eikoinoniologon Episthmhs Astiki Etaireia, Greece
- Atit Bvba, Belgium
- Tvornica Znanosti, Croatia
- Srednja Skola Jelkovec, Croatia