FAIRY TALE GENDEROLOGY
After a long discussion, project partners have come to conclusion that young people in Europe are still facing gender inequality and they are exposed to gender-based violence. Thus, there is a need to introduce concepts and activities to build young people awareness and provide them with tools which can be used to mobilise young people around to work for gender equality. Fairy tales will be used as patterns for focusing on identifying and tackling gender stereotypes and reducing gender-based violence.
This project will contribute to the better position of women in European society as well increase awareness on gender and human rights issues among young people. Objectives of the project are to:
- reveal gender stereotypes in national and international fairy tales among young people
- develop skills and competences of youth workers to use gender stereotypes in fairy tales as a start point for reconstruction into new fairy tale with use of art and multimedia as a tools
- construct new fairy tales that are in line with European values related to gender equality
- promote a more flexible attitude towards cultural diversity in society
- promote a new form of intercultural dialogue and gender education in broader European context
- foster cooperation and socializing among young people, including those with fewer opportunities
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: ERASMUS+ KA2: Capacity Building for youth in neighbouring and enlargement countries
PROJECT NUMBER: 602414-EPP-1-2018-1-RS-EPPKA2-CBY-WB
DURATION: 01/11/2018- 30/09/2019
TOTAL BUDGET: 52 122,00 EUR