Debate for Understanding
This training course will be based on experiential learning: experiencing different activities, facing different situations and coming to one’s own conclusions in a debate. It will promote the idea of collaborative (instead of competitive) debating, including:
- understanding the opponent’s perspective,
- helping your opponent by improving his arguments,
- trying to disprove your own argument,
- creating a practical format of real-time collaborative debating,
- using online collaborative (wiki) debating tools,
- psychology of changing minds (for good),
- philosophy of truth in the debate framework,
- being friendly, polite and ethical towards the opponent,
- detecting and disarming rhetorical tricks,
- detecting logical mistakes and correcting them.
At the second half of the training, participants are be expected to create their own collaborative debating event, material or tool which they must bring to their home country and organize as a follow-up activity with the real audience which participant will share online with other participants as well as to the general public as widely as possible. Please prepare an idea and discuss it with your organisation.
Disclaimer: This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained here.
PROGRAMME: Erasmus+ KA1: Youth Workers Mobility
PROJECT NUMBER: 2017-3-LV01-KA105-TBC
VENUE: Ogre (Latvia)
PROJECT COORDINATOR: Biedrība “tautasvara.lv”